James L. White, City Clerk
Physical Address: 118 Industrial Park Rd.
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 1715, Harrison, AR 72602
The City Clerk/Treasurer is an elected official whose primary responsibilities and duties are prescribed by various legislative acts of the General Assembly as well as the City Council. Requirements: must reside in the City of Harrison, must be a registered voter, and work a minimum of 30 hours. Benefits include: APERS retirement and ability to purchase City insurance. This position does not qualify for Holiday pay or Sick Leave pay.
The City Clerk Division is a great source of information for both the general public and city staff. This position is often the distribution center for information pertaining to current issues, events, and meetings. This office is the custodian of City records and maintains the city's archives. Records in this office date back to the late 1800's.
Some of the primary duties of the City Clerk Division are:
- Directly supervise the development and implementation of record retention policies and procedures in accordance with State law.
- Attend all regular and special City Council meetings, preparation of the City Council agenda, recording the meetings, transcribe and prepare the minutes for the official minute record book.
- Attend and keep official record of the Fire and Police Pension Meetings and Planning Commission meetings.
- Have all records available for audit, including City, Fire and Police Pension, CATPC, and Parks & Rec.
- Record all ordinances at the Court House and have published in Harrison Daily TImes.
- Maintain the City Code of Ordinances.
- Maintain all past records fo the City.
- Maintain a current listing of the city boards and committees.
- City Clerk serves as ex-officio secretary for the City Council and prepares the minutes and the correspondence for the Board members.
- Provides support for the City Council.
- Pick up and distribute mail for CIty Hall daily.
- Record all bid openings for the City.
- Administer the Taxi coupon program.